Veterans : Veterans Benefits


What kinds of benefits can I receive if I am a veteran?

As a military veteran, you may be eligible for certain government benefits, in addition to other public benefits. The state maintains a website under the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services website that details benefits for which military veterans may be eligible.

You can review available benefits and services on the Ohio Department of Veteran Services website and also review the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.

Where do I go to talk with someone about veterans benefits?

Each Ohio County has a County Veterans Service Office. These offices provide financial assistance and VA claims support work.

For information on benefits, services or copies of discharges, veterans and their families should contact their local county veterans service office.

What mental health services are available for people returning from military service?

Many service men and women are returning from Afghanistan and Iraq with mental health issues. The OHIOCARES website includes mental health information for these veterans.

What support groups are available in Ohio?

Operation Homefront Ohio provides emergency and morale assistance for our troops, the families they leave behind and for the wounded warriors when they return home.

Is there a way to find legal help for veterans in all 50 states?

The Stateside Legal Project was created through Legal Services Corporation (LSC) grant funding. This website was created for military members, veterans and their families to help you:

  • find your own solutions to common legal problems, and
  • find someone to help you, if you need legal advice.

What veterans resources are available in Franklin County?

The Franklin County Veterans Service Commission is a county agency dedicated to helping veterans, active duty members of the Armed Forces of the United States, and their dependents.


See also the Forms & Education tab in this section for more information.

The information in this site is not intended as legal advice.
Back to Top of Page | Didn't find it? Use Advanced Search | Back to Step 1

Click here to find legal help near you.

To find a civil legal aid provider, call

1.866.LAW.OHIO (1.866.529.6446)

For the hearing impaired:
Use this site to find the local
Ohio legal aid provider in your
area. Then, call the Ohio Relay
Service at 1-800-750-0750 and
ask the service operator to
connect you to the provider
you are trying to call.

The information in this site is
not intended as legal advice.


Personal tools